Saladin Ahmed (no relation) rightly pointed out the blatant racism of this seemingly innocent ad for Corn Pops. More like “Special KKK”, AMIRITE?! Anyway, he did the public a valuable service by pointing out the oppression of the Hispanic dude cleaning floors while surrounded by annoying white kids. But he missed the real story. This is without a doubt the most scandalous ad in the history of yuppie cereal. Let’s walk through this:
- Is ANYBODY going to address the child dangling 50 feet above the floor? With safety standards like that, I’m going to assume this is a Florida mall.
- There is a murderer about to drop a boulder on someone’s head. Probably just got fired from Auntie Anne’s. Gosh, those pretzels are amazing.
- So we’re going to protect the Hispanic janitor but completely ignore the Asian twins rocking cameras and fanny packs?
- How about the single mother who got started a little early and now she’s pushing an entire cart full of kids around the mall, just trying to stay sane?
- Um, little Johnny seems pretty interested in cheer-leading practice. Maybe we could address this BEFORE he becomes a movie producer.
- Ok, I can’t sugarcoat this one. That kid is washing his rear end and the kids below are DRINKING it. And you thought Mexico’s water was bad.
- Last but not least……you can’t name a corn dog stand that.
I’m onto your evil schemes, Corn Pops. Saladin and I are going to take down your reign of terror.