1. In two weeks, there have been no more powerful words spoken than “You have sacrificed nothing and no one” by Khzir Khan. It will be political malpractice if the Democrats do not recycle this over and over and over and over. It was an amazing moment overshadowed by Mr. Khan pulling out a copy of the constitution, which in itself was amazing.
2. The first two days of the convention were incoherent. The Democrats were desperately trying to convince themselves that they were united and they were not. By Wednesday night, however, they were united except for a handful of Bernie bros.
3. The behavior of the Bernie supporters this week means only one thing. They will be permanently exiled by the party leaders from any area of power within their party.
4. Chlesea Clinton is not a good speaker.
5. Khzir Khan needed to start the 10pm hour.
6. The Democrats have found a far better and more successful way to go after Trump than the Republicans: ridicule and mocking him. It is an amped up version of what Rubio did, but more precisely focused on Trump’s brand and business skills. A prevailing theory among some elites, including in the Democratic Party, is that Trump ran because he wanted to be taken seriously. So the Democrats will not take him seriously and he will lash out and make mistakes.
7. The Democrats have spent vastly more time talking about God this week than the Republicans did last week. That has not happened in several generations.
8. The Democratic Convention was the convention of patriotism this year. If you are proud to be an American, where at least you know you’re free, the Democrats were for you. The GOP was doom and gloom. The Democrats on Thursday night were also pro-military, shouting down Bernie supporters who were shouting “no more wars”. The Democratic Convention in 2016 on Thursday night was the Republican Convention of 2004.
9. The military speeches and national security speeches on Thursday night were the speeches Republicans made in 2004, 2008, and 2012. Think about that for a minute. Worlds have flipped.
10. If the Democratic Party wanted to destroy the GOP, they’d cede ground on the life issue. If they did that, if they made it for example a non-federal issue and let the issue be decided by state legislatures, the Republican Party would have been destroyed after the last two nights. But the Democrats will never do the one thing that would wipe out the GOP this year.